Monday, December 24, 2012

ODBDSLC136 Anything Goes With ODBD- Two Week Challenge

Thanks to everyone who participated in the "Snow or Snowflakes challenge last week!! There were so many beautiful creations. We so enjoyed viewing your interpretation of the challenge.

Before going on to our winners and the new challenge, the team would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  May the joy of Christmas of long ago and the son God sent into the world to give us peace be yours this Christmas and throughout the new year!!!!

I also want to take the time to say farewell and to thank Jan Keen and Rosemary Dennis for being a part of our Challenge Team for the past year!!!  You have been amazing to work with.  Thanks for all the wonderful and gorgeous creations you have made for our challenges each week.  You have been such an inspiration to us!!  You will be missed on the challenge team in January.  May God bless you both!!  See you in blog land or at Splitcoast!!

Starting in January we will have several new faces on the team!!  We will begin the year with three new designers and one guest for January!!  We want to welcome:




Hello everyone!  I am honored and excited for this opportunity – to make new friends and create for Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team.  Thank you!

My name is Audrey Hiltke. I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia with my wonderful and adorable Husband of over 18 years, along with two precious gifts from God – our rescue dogs Bella the White Boxer and Fritz the Terrier Mix, now 4 years old, and two very special and elderly kitties Lucy 17, and Smokey 16.  We have family and friends in the area and love this beautiful place we call home.

On weekdays (and an occasional weekend) I am a Finance Manager for an Environmental company with offices and affiliates throughout the United States. I feel blessed every day to be able to work with such a wonderful group of people – we’re passionate about what we do, we laugh a lot and we keep each other balanced while getting the work done. 

My other passion is stamping, creating, working with paper, dies and embellishments, and transforming something plain into something to treasure.  It all started at a Stampin’ Up workshop in 2004, and has blossomed since then.  After a couple of years I discovered Splitcoaststampers and in 2006 uploaded my first card. 
In June of 2011 I was honored to join the SCS Dirty Dozen for a 6-month design team term.  What an amazing journey - I made some wonderful friends and for that I’m grateful!  And in December 2012 I started my first Blog, thanks to the help of my SCS friends!!
So – thank you to everyone at ODBD for this new opportunity – I look forward to getting to know everyone and creating with so many inspiring, encouraging and amazingly talented stampers.  Thank you! 
 Hugs and Blessings,Audrey Hiltke



Hello!  My name is Cathy McCauley and I am a “Born Again” Christian, wife, and after teaching for over thirty-five years, a recently retired elementary school teacher.  My husband and I live in beautiful Southeastern Pennsylvania with our current golden retriever, Kody.  I have always enjoyed creating things and have dabbled in any craft you can imagine, but once introduced to stamping at a Stampin’ Up! Workshop over 20 years ago, it has been my creative outlet!  I enjoy making cards for family, friends, and the “Encouragement Ministry” at our church.  The stamp sets at Our Daily Bread Designs are just perfect for this ministry, so I am thrilled to have been asked to be a guest designer for this wonderful stamp company.  I am looking forward to working with Kelley and the talented ladies at ODBD!


I am a stay-at-home mom to four boys (ages 8, 6, 5, and 3).  I’ve always enjoyed learning different crafts but didn’t try papercrafting until a friend started a scrapbook for my first son at a baby shower she threw for me.  And being the compulsive person that I am, I had to finish it…and then to be fair, had to do (I mean, start) one for each of the other boys.  But I wasn’t a stamper until I went to the annual Scrapbook Convention and saw Our Daily Bread Designs booth.  I had skipped all the stamping booths for a few years but when I saw the scriptures, I went from “I don’t get it” to “Imagine the possibilities!”  It’s been a year and a half since I started stamping and now it is no longer a hobby but my therapy and my space of sanity.  I love it that the stamps makes it so easy to share God’s Word.  You never know how God will use that particular Scripture on someone’s heart but it always does and it gives me such encouragement to continue making cards when someone tells me it was exactly the verse they needed.  In my spare time, I need to work on those scrapbooks but I also enjoy calligraphy and reading.  

and our January guest designer:




I'm Sabrina, happily married for 25 years, to a very supportive husband who thinks being creative is more important than a spotless house. I think he includes cooking as being creative; I used to work as a cook and over the years we've done a lot of youth and activity  camps together - an all-in package with me as a cook, him as a speaker and both of us able to provide music as needed! 
Growing up without television we were always encouraged in my family to read and to be creative - there was a shelf full of make-and-do books, and a drawer full of all sorts of scraps and odds and ends for recycling and reusing. I didn't discover stamping till much later on in life - my early cards were either embroidered, origami or computer-generated. I saw heat embossing demonstrated at a show and bought some supplies, but still didn't really get into stamping for another few years. I was honoured and thrilled to be invited to be the guest designer at ODBD for January - I've loved their stamps ever since I first won one as blog candy from a former DT member. I find the Scripture stamps especially versatile; my  husband is active in the Irish branch of the Christian Motorcyclists Association, and I find them perfect for making masculine cards, and for a word of encouragement for those in need of it. I like the variety of background music stamps too - my husband and I are the music team in a small church, and we have also worked for several years with the choir in a French-speaking African church in the city here. I'm looking forward to my month with ODBD and the very talented design team there, and feel blessed to have the opportunity to start the new year with them.

Wishing you a happy, peaceful and blessed holiday season,
Sabrina

Now on to our Challenge and Winners!!!!



The Award and Prize Winners for last week's "Snow or Snowflakes challenge:







Congrats Ladies !! Please grab the Shining the Light Award Badge and display it with pride. Please link the badge to http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/.

Shining the Light Challenge Award
Thanks to some of our Design Team members for their gorgeous entries for this challenge: 



This week's random prize winner of the $15 dollar gift certificate toward stamps is:


Congratulations !!  Please email Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com
for more information on how you to claim your gift certificatePlease let her know you won ODBDSLC135.

This week's challenge is for two weeks!!

The challenge is:

Anything Goes with Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps



To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Sunday, January 7th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

 We will again be choosing three or more of our participants  for the  Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday,  January 7th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC136.  When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to our challenge teams inspiring creations for this challenge:

Please note the designers link, challenges used and the stamp set they used is listed under each creation. If you take a moment to leave the girls some love at their blogs, I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.



Our Daily Bread Designs, God’s Love

ODBD Stamps Used: God’s Love


Our Daily Bread Designs, Don't Worry , Scripture Collection 5


ODBD Stamps Used:  Don't Worry and Scripture Collection 5

Our Daily Bread Designs, Snowflake Bookmarks , Mini Tags 2 ,Sparkling Snowflakes, Snowflake dies, Bookmark dies


Thanks for stopping by!! We hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  We can't wait to see your creation!!


Blessings,


example image

5 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Congrats to the winners!! A sad farewell to Jan and Rosemary....good to know we'll see you at SCS!!! Welcome to Audrey, Cathy, Diana, and Sabrina! Can't wait to see your beautiful creations! Beautiful challenge samples, girls!!

Conniecrafter said...

so excited to have been the random winner and shinning light challenge, Congrats to the new design team and such lovely inspiration from the ladies.... Merry Christmas to everyone!

pam124 said...

What beautiful creations and a sadness for losing the past guest DT members.

A hugs CONGRATS to the 3 new designers. There should be spectacular work coming from them. I know Audrey personally and know how extremely talented she is. GO AUDREY! I know all 3 of you will be OUTSTANDING and ENCOURAGING. Blessings and Merry Christmas to all.

Hugs and Blessings
pam

Karen W said...

Merry Christmas to all of you and congrats to the new team members. This team is always so inspiring!!! Great job everyone and best wishes for a new year!

Dorothy S said...

Thank you for the challenge and to DT members for always inspiring work! I look forward to seeing the examples each time.
Thanks to retiring members and congrats to the new.
I wish you many blessings in the new year.